Friday, January 1, 2016

Fabulous Lazy-Girls Cioppino Recipe!

Happy New Year! Can you believe it's 2016?! I feel like it was 2010 yesterday!

Last night we went old school. We stayed in and welcomed 2016 with our little family. It was nice to stay in and not have to fuss with hair and makeup for a change.....although, I can't think of a day where I don't fuss with hair and makeup . I guess the exception last night was probably the fact that I had on warm fuzzy clothes as opposed to tight sequins and sky high heels!

We ate and sang along to old Italian tunes. It was quality time at it's best and after rave reviews from my daughters (with delicate palates, a.k.a finicky eaters).  I've decided to share my Cioppino recipe with you because it's probably a bit different than what you may have tried. 

My girls don't like a strong seafood flavor so I tried to alter it a little and make a mild version and they loved it! YAY!  Thankfully my seafood loving husband didn't object to me ditching my tried and true recipe I got from his mom. That recipe included loads of seafood and plenty of crab. This recipe would be considered a "lazy mans" Cioppino, since it isn't as interactive as the stew that requires bibs and crab cracking. You may notice I also substituted chicken stock for clam juice. I definitely love getting elbow deep into my old recipe of yumminess but last night we opted for simpler and equally yummy version... and I have to admit, clean up was a snap! Gotta love that!  So, here it is. I hope you think it's FABULOUS!






Fabulous Lazy-Girls Cioppino


-1/2 cup olive oil                                      

-



                 
 
 
 
                

 
 

 
 -1 cup water
 
-1 1/2 pounds of large peel and eat shrimp, Bay scallops, and calamari.
 
20 Muscles
 
15 clams    
 
   
 
 Directions:
 
Over medium-low heat add olive oil to large stockpot, add onions, garlic, celery and parsley. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft.

Add tomatoes to the pot (break them into chunks as you add them). Add chicken broth, bay leaves, basil, thyme, oregano, water and wine. Mix well. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.

Stir in the shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels.  Bring to boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes until clams open. Ladle soup into bowl over angel hair pasta. Buon Appetito!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I HOPE YOUR 2016 IS FABULOUS! XOX

 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment