Sunday, June 14, 2015

Summer Smoothie!

Sometimes I think May and June are busier than December. My mom's birthday is in June along with anniversaries and graduations. Then to top off the party packed weekends there are end-of-the-school-year and impromptu summer parties. It seems like my calendar and tummy are more full than I can handle. Unlike most people who put on inches during the holidays I feel like I have more trouble during the summer. Just give me an ice cold glass of Chardonnay on a hot summer day and all diet inhibitions go out the window along with a total lack of portion control. Yes, there is such a thing as too much crudité, and when dipped in guacamole and cheese it's my kryptonite. I won't even start taking about ice-cream either...I can literally name flavors and brands blind folded!

I decided to take control of this problem before we got too deep into summer and adjust a few things I've been doing because I've noticed my self control waning and summer is just getting started!

I've gone back to having breakfast smoothies and today's didn't disappoint. I'll be sharing some easy summer recipes but for starters, below is a smoothie recipe I hope you'll enjoy!



Berry Kale Banana Smoothie


1/2 banana

1 cup of unsweetened almond milk

1 cup of blueberries

1/2 cup of frozen kale

1 teaspoon of honey

1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

Blend and enjoy!

Cheers!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment