Monday, August 31, 2015

5 Steps To Finding A Pair Of FABULOUS Sunglasses!

So, I went to try on sunglasses the other day. I do this often and leave empty handed because I like the glasses I already have better. This time, with my trusted coconut latte in hand and my two (brutally honest daughters) shopping a few stores down, I got serious. I was looking for cat eye, or aviators or the new circle glasses.  I was open minded to say the least.

I was looking for something to fit my face shape (oval)  and different from what I already have. I also wanted something to wear for early morning coffee runs when I don't have makeup on....

I tried on new Prada glasses and loved them until my daughter walked in and vetoed them. Apparently, they looked like I should be wearing them "on Halloween, and that's it, no where else."  Luckily, I'm used to their candor so I moved on to the next few pairs I had selected, but they all looked like ones I already have so I left empty handed.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect cat eye that isn't too extreme or dated. When I find them I'll tell you. In the mean time I did find a pair of big black aviators.

Here are a few questions I ask myself when shopping for sunglasses;

1. Does it flatter my face shape?

Know your face shape but don't let charts or old rules dictate what kind of glasses you can wear. I have an oval face and aviators typically make my face look droopy but I found a pair that were wide enough at the temple to actually look....just right.

2. Be sure to look at your profile.

3. Be sure to look at how the glasses look with your hair out of your face and up in a ponytail.

4. Look at them on your face in natural light. In most stores the sales associate will accompany you out into natural lighting with a mirror.

5. Notice the weight of them. Sometimes, if they are heavy after a while you can get a headache.

Happy Hunting!
xox


My new favorite glasses, Tom Ford.

https://www.sydewalk.com/profile/PaulaLalanne/sydewalks/8/tom-ford-cyrille-aviator-sunglasses-co-neiman-marcus/ 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment