Friday, April 10, 2015

The 5 Most FABULOUS Chardonnays....Under $25.00!

I'm not a wine expert but I've had enough to consider myself well educated. Since I typically have a glass with dinner I would also say my pallet is in tip-top-shape. For the past few years I've been drinking mostly Chardonnay. I go in phases and this one has lasted quite a while. I thought I'd share my top five picks. The other reason I wanted to share is because I'm always excited when I come across a label that makes my wallet a little heavier....I saved that one for last. 

When it comes to wine I'm a firm believer that we each have our own preference and taste. I tend to like crisp and buttery whites with hints of fruit. I also am keenly aware of how these wines affect me and which ones give ma a headache. Yes, if I have more than a few glasses that will happen but having just one glass of wine shouldn't do that.

I've also noticed that the 2012 harvest yielded some great Chardonnays. I think every bottle I like is from that year. Hey, at least the wines from 2012 out performed fashion and are still going strong!

For me, the wine has to be ice cold and served in the proper glass. I can see the eye rolls of my girlfriends reading this. They love to tease me about this but I swear by it. You would be surprised at the difference a glass makes. Do a little experiment, pour an ounce in a regular glass and one in the proper glass and taste the difference. I just had a friend do this and she was truly surprised and now has come over to my camp where plastic and wine are enemies.  Here are 5 FABULOUS wines under twenty five dollars!

1.Kendall-Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay 2012

 
2. La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
 


 

 
3. Sonoma-Cutrer Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast


 
 
 



5. 2011 Badet Clement & Co Chardonnay Révélation


 
I saved this one for last because I just discovered it at Trader Joes. I purchased it because my trusted checker buddy suggested it....lo and behold I was shocked! It was around six bucks! Seriously, it was so yummy I could have easily had two or three glasses but then I wouldn't have been able to stay up to get work done after my munchkins went to bed. Word of caution, if you see a typo please forgive me. It usually means I was having a glass of wine while working late at night.

Hubby and I before a Giants game...Yes, the vino was delish!


Cheers and Subscribe! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment