Wednesday, February 25, 2015

FABULOUS Flourless Peanutbutter Cookies...with 5 ingrediences!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

I love to bake. I use real butter lots of sugar and everything decadent. I need dessert like I need oxygen but I absolutely forbid preservatives....that is why I am a prolific baker. I'm always on the hunt for a quick yummy recipe to whip up and I stumbled upon this one. After I tried it I decided to put my own twist on it. Below is my version and at the bottom is a link to the original recipe I got off the Food Network.

I also like to accessorize my desserts with dark chocolate or fruit to make it pretty so let your imagination run wild....caramel or milk chocolate would work too!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies drizzled with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt.

-One cup of natural organic peanut butter (creamy works best with these cookies)

-One cup of light brown sugar

-One and a half teaspoons of natural vanilla extract (sans alcohol)

-One large beaten egg

-Sea Salt for sprinkling 

(Optional....Dark Chocolate)

Preheat the oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl (I use my electric mixer) mix the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and egg. Spoon one tablespoon of mix on to a parchment lined baking sheet one inch apart. Bake 10 minutes. 

I personally think that they look naked without the chocolate and sea salt so I melt a piece of chocolate about the size of half a gram cracker in the microwave and then drizzle it over the cookies after they have cooled. While the chocolate is still soft I sprinkle sea slat with a grinder over the top.

I glass of Pinot Noir pairs beautifully with the flavors. Yes you could have a glass of ice cold milk but that's no fun....

Disclaimer: Above is a beautiful image from the food network because my cookies while yummy were slightly less attractive and immediately devoured by my lovely daughters before I took a picture!



http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies-recipe.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment