Monday, February 23, 2015

My top 5 FABULOUS looks from last night's Oscars!

Here are my top 5 FABULOUS looks from last nights' Oscars. They're in no particular order, if I had to pick a favorite I'd never get this posted. I think this year was the hardest time I've ever had deciding.  I mean, so many people just nailed it, this was harder than deciding what dessert to order when I go out!  I've broken down why I love them...I hope you agree!



Jennifer Lopez, 2015 Academy Awards

The second I saw her I knew she would be in my top 5... This is haute couture at it's best. The fit, the color, the detail, I don't think the Cinderella's fairy godmother could have done better. With that said, I was disappointed when I saw how pink her eye makeup was. In some photos it translated beautifully but during her red carpet interview it just didn't work. I also think a dark lip (as seen on Chrissy Teigen) would have polished off this look as one of her all time best in my book. Of course, nine times out of ten she get's it right. I also, loved the sleek pony, it kept the look fresh and allowed the dress to be front and center. Bravo!





I think Emma Stone (in Elie Saab) was at her all time best! The light citrus lime color of the dress with her hair and creamy skin were perfection. I loved the long sleeve and beaded bodice contrasted by the high slit . And the way the fabric cascaded was just jaw dropping-ly gorgeous.  I just adored everything about this dress on her. I also thought she nailed it with hair and makeup. The red lip and red hair couldn't have complimented each other better. LOVE IT!



Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Zuhair Murad. I mean, can you ever go wrong in Zuhair Murad? I just love her in this white streamlined gown with the polished hair makeup. Aside from the fact that she is gorgeous she just looked so sophisticated. I don't know of a more flattering cut for her figure either.  I loved the edginess of her clutch too (does anyone know who it's by?). Everything just blended together perfectly. STUNNING!



First of all congratulations to Julianne Moore for best actress!  Her Chanel gown fit her like a glove in every way down to her personality. The dropped waist and simple yet decadent elegance of this gown was the epitome of what Coco did best. If she were alive today I think she would have created this exact dress for Julianne... As a matter of fact there must have been some divine intervention when this dress was made. Her chignon allowed for her beautiful face to take center stage, as it should have last night... and the red lip (a personal favorite) made the look even more stunning. I also have to mention her acceptance speech, (for some reason all best actress speeches' make me cry but) hers was just so touching. I can't say enough...she's simply BEAUTIFUL...inside and out!



Chrissy Teigen in Zuhair Murad, again is he ever not amazing? This look was flawless because she is also... flawless. This look is Hollywood glam at it's best! Her golden hair contrasted against the shimmery bodice and long sleeve struck the perfect balance. I love a streamlined top with wavy hair or vice versa. I also thought the slit with the fullness of the skirt was another example of striking the perfect balance of modesty and sexiness. And, last but not least, the dark lip...I think that made her whole look modern and classy. Everything about this look to me is PERFECTION!

Oh-and I am a huge Lady Gaga fan and last night just reinforced the fact that she is INCREDIBLE!  Until next year! How can it get better than this?!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment