Thursday, February 19, 2015

FABULOUS lash extensions...My way!

I'm sure you are familiar with all of the hype surrounding lash extensions. I myself am a huge fan but since I do not possess the virtue of patience and I sort of have the mentality of "I want it now" I decided to give it a go myself... but before I get into all of that let me tell you how and why I got here.
 
When I had my first daughter lash extensions were just making their debut. I decided to get them done in an effort to distract myself the fact that I still baby weight to loose (I was on bed rest it was AWFUL)...anyhow. I went in for my appointment and it took about two hours. At first I didn't mind having a little time to myself but as they fell out I missed the full effect and my eyes looked off between appointments. Quickly I began dreading the long appointments and I loathed lying their still and unable to move (my form of torture, for sure), so I decided to let them fall off and use the strips. Finally after a few months of their absence I missed them. I missed waking up looking more wide eyed and bushy tailed and I missed the fact that I could get away with a little concealer and gloss and head out the door.   
 
Now not to dismiss all of the AMAZING lash experts out there but I just could not keep up the routine so I went down to my local beauty supply store bought the individual lashes and temporary glue (not the permanent). I put them on with tweezers at night then in the morning I'd wash my face with a mild soap then apply my makeup as usual. Inevitably they'd fall out but they didn't take my real lashes with them and they fell out at a rate that was easy to keep up with. It was like my eyes had a revolving door of lashes, one out-one in.  After a few years I got brave and decided to use the permanent glue....here is when the game changed, there were more products to buy online...better products.
 
Now my routine is similar but different. I use individual and the fanned ones (knot free) with permanent glue (black). These details above are very important for me. If the flares are knotted it means they are one long strand and can't fall out one at a time. I use black glue because I have naturally black lashes and VERY dark brown eyes. The lases come in array of colors and there is clear glue if you decide to give it a try and you're lashes and eyes are fair in color. I've used several different produces and each has had it's own benefit. I think that the look you want is very individual and specific. I switch my look up, sometimes I go for ultra glam and sometimes I go for natural (but who am I kidding they never look that great naturally).
 
Tools: A glass of wine (not too much), good music (not too loud), tweezers,  a magnifying mirror and excellent lighting.
 
The glue: I put a drop on the side of the tray and dip the tip of the lash in allowing a tiny bit to stick to the end (I mean so tiny you can hardly see it) then I start in the middle and work my way out on either side.
 
Lastly, I am not trained or an expert but I've been doing my own lashes for about ten years and I've been happy with them. I think the key to it working was using the semi permanent glue for a long time and getting really comfortable with the process. 
 
I hope this helps since some of you have asked me about my lashes....If this seems too extreme and you have patience and need a little nap I recommend going to your local beauty bar for a set. If you are feeling brave just remember no coffee before you attempt to try this beauty challenge steady hands are a must! Good luck! 
 
 
   
 
 
Photo credit: Lash L'Amour
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment