Monday, March 9, 2015

5 FABLUOUS ways to conquor day light savings.


Day light savings is my least favorite day of the year. I love sleep, I need sleep, I enjoy sleep, so when an hour is taken away I have a few tricks up my sleeve to help get me back on track.

1. Get up at my (new) normal time.

Tempting as it may be...don't sleep in. I force myself out of bed when the alarm goes off.  I do not pout. I accept the fact that billions of people are also getting up early and the sooner I get used to the new schedule the better I'll feel.

2. Coffee (X 2)

I allow myself a few more minutes to wake up. I sit and have my coffee while I watch a bit of TV. Then I fill up my to-go cup so I can have a little extra help, the first MOnday, I'll take whatever help I can get to feel more chipper.... Some people get jittery, thank heaven I'm not one of those people....caffeine and I are very good friends.

3. Workout.

I work out less vigorously but still do it for the same amount of time. Tuesday I'm back to my normal schedule but on Monday I'm a little easy on myself.

4. Have an early /light dinner.

Have an early /light dinner. Having a heavy dinner will just make you feel sluggish while something like a salad with chicken or roasted veggies and salmon will do the trick.

5. Go to bed early.

By the end of the day I'm usually exhausted and more than happy to snuggle in. I set my recorder for my favorite Monday night shows an turn out the lights as early as possible. Usually getting up Tuesday is less painful and by Wednesday I'm almost back to normal.

Good luck! xox


 

No comments:

Post a Comment